Carsales increases productivity by 80% & workplace culture by 100%
Carsales discovered that many of their staff with primary school-aged children were taking leave to attend to caring responsibilities over the school holiday periods. Their staff had limited alternative choices around this period, and as a result, their non-parental employees had an increased workload from the group of employees taking leave during the school holidays. Carsales wanted to explore different solutions to reduce the bulk leave taken during the school holidays and in turn, reduce stress for non-parental staff.
- Increase sick leave taken during the school holidays
- Low office morale and culture due to increased workloads
- Decreased productivity and engagement during stressful periods
KidsCo was engaged to provide an onsite program during the school holiday period to address some key business challenges and support their parental employees. The onsite school holiday program was facilitated at Carsales’ Richmond, Melbourne location. KidsCo offered 30 placements each day for children aged 5 – 12 years old and designed the program to align to Carsales’ culture and values.
Over the school holiday program period, Carsales saw an improvement in the following:
- 100% of employees took less sick leave for childcare-related purposes
- 100% of employees felt an improvement in workplace culture
- 80% growth in productivity during the school holiday period
Our teams look forward to when KidsCo is onsite and we are often being asked when it will be back. The program brings such great energy to our offices and we love seeing what fun our team members children have during the day. KidsCo make the whole process so easy and are a pleasure to work with. We are pleased to be able to work with KidsCo to offer a reliable, fun and educational onsite holiday program to our working parents.
– Anthea Corridon, Senior People & Culture Business Partner
Want to see how we can support your goals? Speak to our team here.