The strategies and secrets to maximising ‘Employee Engagement & Retention’: A panel discussion
KidsCo recently hosted an exciting HR panel discussion event on 13 September at the wonderful QT Melbourne, focused on maximising ‘Employee Engagement and Retention’ with some of the best HR experts on the panel:
- Craig Taylor, Chief People Officer at Mondelēz International
- Jenna Lohan, HR Strategy & Operations at Google
- Nicola Crocco, Executive Talent, People & Culture Leader
- Sanjay Modi, Senior Director at Culture Amp
The event brought together HR Leaders and presented them with the unique opportunity to gain meaningful insights, collaborate and connect with other professionals in the industry. During the session, we dove deep into the world of employee engagement and retention, and explored awesome wellbeing initiatives whilst addressing some of the challenges HR teams face in our changing workforce.
We share a few key takeaways from the panel discussion below:
- WFH is the number one search term on Seek.
- 30% of employees search for new jobs to look for new challenges.
How to engage & retain
- Create a collaborative, transparent and open culture with inclusion and diversity at the core.
- Prioritise career growth and development.
- Employees look for vision and purpose, this needs to go beyond your EVP – our workforce is changing so ensure you cater to different groups.
- Survey your employees to understand their needs and be prepared to implement the feedback.
- Take a holistic approach: understand the physical, emotional, social and financial needs of your teams.
- There’s no one size fits all, so provide options for your people.
- Form employee-led resource groups: returning parents group etc.
- Ensure your health and well-being resources are accessible to all your people.
Keeping teams WFH engaged
- Focus on leadership: clearly articulate expectations and effective communication.
- Budgeting time for purposeful moments and connection that builds psychological safety and a sense of belonging.
Finding the right balance for your team
- Every business is unique and there is not one universal answer.
- Understand your people and shift your approach to align with their needs.
- Ask your people ‘how’ they would like to work and strike a balance.
You can download the infographic here.
Looking to engage and retain your parental workforce? You can with KidsCo’s school holiday program. Learn more here.